Nature-based Carbon Dioxide Removals (CDR)
Deep roots in ecosystem restoration
Our vision for TREEO grew from eight years of tree planting experience. Through the hard work of our ambitious team, we planted more than 1 million trees in Indonesia and Uganda.
As we worked towards our goal, we realised the difficulty of accurately monitoring CO₂ sequestration. TREEO is our solution.
Our easy-to-use app provides accurate and verified data about carbon storage from every single tree, thereby bringing the necessary trust and transparency to the nascent carbon market.
TREEO App - for Growers
Make your impact visible with TREEO
Get access for you and your farmers to our free and easy-to-use monitoring technology.
With the TREEO app they scan every single tree once per year, providing you with reliable data in order to prove your climate impact. This saves you time and money in the monitoring process while increasing transparency and trust towards your stakeholders.
TREEO SaaS - FOR GROWERS
An easy-to-use digital tool that enables small farmers to plan agroforestry plantations, calculate the value of their trees and retrieve best practice recommendations for agroforestry plantations. The app will initially be developed for the Android platform. The app can work on simple, affordable and older smartphones. The application allows 100% offline use, including field and tree monitoring, timber value estimation and coaching materials. Today TREEO app supports farmers for three use cases
With the land survey component, small farmers can map their land. In doing so, they can link surveyed trees to an area in order to establish traceability and origin of the wood. Associated TPIs can check whether the area meets their regulations for eligible land (e.g. ownership, land status, location, soil quality)
Using the manual and visual input methods, trees can be measured and their diameter documented in a file assigned to a specific plot of land. At each measurement, the GPS location is stored to confirm that the tree is on that plot. With the automatic measurement calibrated with the TREEO card, the timber volume, CO2 removals, and prices of individual trees and entire stands can be calculated.
Guidance and training materials for farmers
TREEO Guide provides a work plan for farmers with due dates and training materials. This helps farmers to implement best practices and gain optimal benefits from planted trees.
TREEO Cloud for TPIs
An application for TPIs (Tree Planting Initiatives) implementing reforestation projects with small-scale farmers. It can be connected to any number of app users and helps the organisation to manage and control the project. The application serves two stakeholders:
- The Data Visualisation and Management module provides access to the data collected on site and enables quality control.
- Approve Land Surveys.
- Approve Tree Monitoring.
- Project administration like definition of tree species, project activities, and plots.
- System administration like management of users and roles.
- Can update the library of GAPs and growth models and to support TPIs in case of technical problems. In addition, it can be used to compile compressed and anonymised data for public relations work on TREEO, such as the number of users, the number of trees measured, the countries in which TREEO is used.
- Approve TPI activities.
- Visualise data about trees, plots, TPIs, farmers.
TREEO Impact Dashboard - for Net Zero Companies
Make your impact visible with TREEO.
The TREEO app delivers unparalleled accuracy and transparency driven by reliable data from every single tree, backed by satellite enhancement.
Our science-based models provide assessments of tree growth and carbon storage and therefore generate trusted carbon removals for you.
Select your projects individually to fit your corporate CSR policies. Trace your carbon removals through our Impact Dashboard. This allows for effective impact evaluation and creates trust towards your stakeholders.
Trustful certified C02 for net-zero Companies (Balancers)
Carbon methodology | accounting method
- Considers six carbon pools: Above Ground Biomass (AGB), Below Ground Biomass (BGB), Harvested Wood Product (HWP), Dead Wood (DW), Timber Construction (TC), Biochar (BC).
- Registered with UNFCCC, or “Gold Standard like”.
Data verification for trust building
- Via satellite images.
- Via cross checking data.
- Pictures, videos, map, description that convincingly describe and prove CO2 stored in the forests.